Altitude training, also known as hypoxic training, involves exercising in, living in or otherwise breathing oxygen reduced air for the purpose of improved athletic performance, pre-acclimatization to altitude and/or physical wellness.
Through the production of normobaric hypoxic (oxygen reduced) air, we can simulate altitudes of up to 21,000ft/6,400m. As a result, athletes, fitness enthusiasts and health conscious individuals worldwide can take advantage of the benefits associated with altitude training while at sea-level.
At Peak7 Altitude training we have worked with Hypoxico to create a program for athletes that will increase performance and give our athletes the edge they need to be their very best.
What are the benefits of altitude training?
- Maximized Speed and Endurance
- Elevated Strength and Power
- Enhanced energy levels and overall wellness
- Amplified Pulmonary Oxygen Absorption
- Boosted production of Erythropoietin hormone (EPO) by the kidneys, Stimulating generation of the red blood cells (RBCS) and enhanced oxygen transportation though the body
- Increased capillarization for greater oxygen delivery to the tissues, muscles, and brain
- Enhanced production and rejuvenation of mitochondria (The cell’s hub for aerobic energy production) and mitochondrial enzymes, allowing more efficent use of oxygen for energy production and superior enzymatic anti-oxidative defense.
- Decreased average heart rate and blood pressure
- Increased production and release of human growth hormone
- Stimulation of Fat metabolism
- Decreased oxidative stress from the radicals (Reactive Oxygen Species “ROS”)